Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Week Of Classes

So I don't really know what I was expecting when it came to classes here at AUR, but I was pretty surprised at what it is really like. My first class was Italian Media and Pop Culture which seems really interesting and my professor seems like a lot of fun. I think the material will keep me entertained but we do have some homework and stuff that is almost like busy work...anyways then I had my Italian reading and composition. According to BC, after completing Intermediate you are supossed to take CCR. Well I was clearly out of my league when everyone stood up and was speaking fluently. I literally wanted to run and hide because it was so over my head, not to mention the placement test that I BOMBED. At least I knew I was completely wrong in trying to take it so I ran down to the computer lab and looked up a new class as soon as possible. Sadly, but maybe luckily, the only class that fit into my schedule was Intermediate I. It may seem like I'm backtracking but essentially it is better than not taking any Italian class which I think will be essential for me to become the Italian linguistic I am striving to be, but to be honest the class isn't really over my head because needless to say I'm very rusty. So finally my schedule worked out but let me tell you, drop/add is not a piece of cake like it is at BC. Instead of anything computerized you go to an office, take a deli number, and wait two hours to get in and talk to them...just to be rejected. I don't know if the school didn't account for the volume of students, but they did not offer as many classes as they probably should have. Whatever though, because I got what I wanted, not to be selfish. The school itself is very small, contained only on one small city block. All classes are in one of two buildings that remind me of changing classes in high school, but I still love it. Yea it seems like I'm complaining but I actually love it a lot. I'm not totally looking forward to classes but it must be done. So I'll leave to go do some homework, because I actually have some!

No comments:

Post a Comment