Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BC Invades Rome Part 2

The second half of the BC crew arrived on Monday. It was about time they got here after a three day delay! I picked them up from the train station on Monday morning and 17 Gerald was finally reunited!! In Rome! There were five of them total and only three were supposed to stay with me and the other half with our other roommate Jen who is also studying in Rome. However, Jen's roommates were mad at her from some friends there the night before and refused to allow her to have anyone stay, so they all checked in to the Lindsay Hotel. I felt badly because once they arrived I had to give them a quick itinerary so they could see most of the sites like Colosseum and Forum because three of them , Sinead, Laura and Lauren were all leaving for Paris on Wednesday. I brought them to a favorite pizza place where we met quickly with Haley and Cammie before they had to leave for their flight that morning. We all had some fabulous Roman pizza, and they liked it so much they went they went back in for a second piece before they left. I sent them to see all the sights and gave them perfect directions so no one got lost. That night I couldn't even hang out with them because I had a midterm the next morning, so they went out to dinner with our other roommate Jen while I studied. The next day I sent them all to the Vatican and was excited because I would finally get to go out with all of them. That night we went to dinner at Fraschetta, a very local restaurant that was very authentic and has great food! I got spaghetti alle vongole which is spaghetti and clams and we drank the wine tat is especially made for the restaurant. After dinner we we wanted to do something different than the normal bar scene or club scene so we all went to Ice Bar Roma. This bar is made completely of ice, the bar, the seats and the cups. When you walk in they give you a cloak that makes you look like a moon man and gloves so you won't completely freeze. We bought a special deal where it was all you can drink for as long as you are inside. They really know what they are doing because they know you won't drink that much since you get too cold too quickly. We only survived about 2 hours before we couldn't feel our toes. Some people ditched out earlier and went next door to a coffee shop and warmed up with cappuccinos. After that we went to Campo De Fiori which is a square of bars and clubs and we just let them all lose. There were so many of us there was no way we could all have been in one place.
The next day I had class all day and Sho, Laura and Lauren left. Candice and Caroline went back to the Vatican to the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel and took some illegal pictures of the frescoes. That night we were so exhausted and jet lag finally caught up with them so we fell asleep by 11:30. Thursday I sent them vintage shopping by Piazza Navona and they found some great things like new leather boots and a coat resembling Kate Hudson's from Almost Famous. Thursday we went to am amazing restaurant near the Pantheon which Caroline's parents paid for as a thank you for me putting them up. We ordered a nice bottle of Chardonnay and a prosciutto and salame plate and artichoke a gratin. The artichoke was unbelievable and I would go back there just for that. For dinner I got a filet marinated for 5 hours with herbs over roasted vegetables. It was so nice to have steak for the first time over here not to mention it melted in my mouth! For dessert we had a English torte and chocolate souffle, both were decadent. That dinner was one of the best I have had so far in Rome. That night we went dancing which is always fun with these girls!! The next day we planned a day trip to Tivoli which I will write about later!

No comments:

Post a Comment