Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dave Matthews In Rome!

So if you know me well enough, you know that I am a pretty decent Dave Matthews Band fan. I have seen him multiple times in concert twice of which were at Fenway Park. So when I learned Dave Matthews was coming to Rome, I definitely wanted to go. What were the odds that I was going to be in Rome and Dave Matthews had scheduled a tour date then; this was never going to happen in my life again! The only problem was when I was in America still, it kept redirecting me to an Italian website which I clearly could not maneuver very well and almost bought tickets for his Milan tour date! So the date finally rolled around and I still didn't have a ticket because be then the cheap seats were sold out and only the 110 euro ones were left, no thanks. By some strike of luck however my roommate called me and said she just bought a ticket and that I should come. Granted I had a paper due the next day so I said no, but I was definitely bummed. I had two classes one ending at 5 and the ticket office closed then so even if I could have made it, I couldn't have bought the ticket. Finally luck was on my side again and I showed up to my 3:30 class and it was cancelled. It could no have been more perfect! I finished my paper in that extra time and called a friend who happened to be in the ticket line and bought me one for only 40 euros!! I ran home got changed and headed to the venue. I was impressed Chrissy and I maneuvered the bus system alone and beat the boys who tried the metro (small victory but victory nonetheless). We headed into the concert and found our seats, 5th from the last row. We hung out there for a while taking in the amazing atmosphere and fabulous music. Then we decided to try to move to the floor. I thought it would be like America with people checking tickets, but no. There was a set of stairs with a fence in front but no one was guarding it so we walked down and just walked through the doors to the floor. We were so close and it was just unbelievable. He played my favorite song Grey Street and Chrissy's favorite song Crush (top 5 in my book too) so it could not have been more perfect...oh wait I guess it does! The concert ended at 11:30 so we were able to catch the bus home for free and when we got back Old Moon Bar, the cafe/gelateria by our house was still open and we got gelato! It was a perfect night and I doubt any Dave concert can top this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment